Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

CHRIST IAN

I want to title a book CHRIST IAN for Christ In Action Now. I think that is the way we should be living with the emphasis on action.
I have been thinking about and observing many things lately that show me how far we have swung as a Christian base to "belief" and "faith" alone. Now, please do not mis-understand. We don't earn or deserve our salvation through any works on our part. So FAITH is absolutely the first and foremost thing. However, the Bible also says that faith without works is dead...and I think there are large groups of 'believers' that rely on the faith alone premise so much that their faith is dead.
I think a sermon lived is better than a sermon heard. We, as the church, really need to get out into the community and make meaningful change happen. Christ's example was Him being amongst people that were sinners...shining his light into the darkest places. We need to follow that example and get out of the church building.

No comments:

Search This Blog