Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

My third talk

I recently spoke at the men's breakfast. It was the third time I had spoken, though it was the first time that I spoke on material that I came up with. The previous two times I had essentially developed my discussions off of books that I had read. I encapsulated the discussion points I wanted to make and did my best to be true to what the author stated and add some color on how that impacted me, or how it could impact others....

This time, I came up with everything on my own based upon a line that I heard in a sermon that grabbed me..."There really is a Hell. And there really are people going there."

The line grabbed me regarding the implications for my behavior, how I engage the world as well as the theological truth that a place called Hell exists.

I will post the four points I made in separate posts...but, I am interested to see how people react to my talk. I did not get a feeling for it directly after it that morning and I am doubly interested because I received an message today from another person who attends who will be speaking in a couple weeks...who said he will be speaking with a alternate position...

Makes me interested to hear his take and to see if it generates some interesting discussion at the men's breakfast.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I will be interested to hear both what your points were and what the other gentlemen says as well, keep us posted! :)

Unknown said...

I'm with Janelle. I'm interested to know your points so I can understand how someone else has a different viewpoint. I'm proud of your leadership! : )

Search This Blog