Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Leadership and discipline

I have been reading a book called the Leadership Lessons of Jesus. I will finish it in the next week or so as I have been taking it very slowly for a small book. It is very challenging as each chapter is a lesson with scripture references that really makes me question how I feel I play out that particular trait, role, activity, etc...
This one has stuck with me for quite a while as this was back in chapter 7...Leadership requires discipline. And of course, you say "yeah, and?"...it is not that this is a new insight or anything...the authors reference Mark 1:35-39: Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed..."
Jesus disciplined himself to a time of prayer and solitude...and it should not be a question of whether we do that, it should be a requirement. If Jesus needed time regularly to prepare himself for what was to happen that day, we do as well.

No comments:

Search This Blog