Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Recently read book

The New Breed: Understanding and Equipping the 21st Century VolunteerThe New Breed: Understanding and Equipping the 21st Century Volunteer by Jonathan McKee

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Enjoyed reading this as it had some great practical ways that it is helping someone, such as myself, that has little or no experience in managing volunteers to think of things as I get started in my endeavor.

I think the way it was written was both good and bad. There were moments that the fact that you had multiple authors playing off each other helped things along and others that seemed forced and led to goofy exchanges.

Ultimately, the mark of a good book is are you keeping it for reference? Do you want to give this away to others to help them? Did you spend tons of time wanting to underline things?

I do have this as a reference...as it has some great material in the back with examples that I think are very useful.

I think I would pass this along to others, if they are newer to the game of managing volunteers.

I didn't spend a ton of time underlining...but, there were at least a couple of chapters that I wanted to go back to again.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Search This Blog