Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Steak Night Event

We had 118 men attend Steak Night at the church this year.  I acted as MC and did a reasonable job.  I will give myself a 6.  Lots to learn for me in terms of speaking slower, being more precise with instructions and being more planned in my deliver topics in general.  While I think the night was great, I felt like I had taken it down overall by a small amount by distracting things due to my errors.   Oh well...learn and move on.
One thing I will definitely keep in mind, and I have to figure this out with the other guys on the team...I didn't get to actually participate or really enjoy the event because of running it.  While I am OK with that, it makes me think I need to find something for the guys on the team that went through this with me to say thank you and, if possible, help them find a similar experience that they actually get to participate/enjoy so that they are not only serving.

No comments:

Search This Blog