Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Read a few books lately

So, read 4 books with Jaden so far this year as we finished up the Deltora series we have been reading. Books 5-8 of the Deltora Quest series as we had to get done to turn the books in on time.
I also read an interesting book about how God created the universe as far as we understand based on the science we know at this point. Called the creator and the cosmos. It was a fantastic read that was certainly more than I understood or still understand...but it certainly put things into a cool light...based on what science has put together so far.
Finally, jaden and I are just finishing up a book for "teens" by Frank Peretti which has been really enjoyable called the Veritas Project...definitely worth checking out. And for me, I am finishing up a really short read given out by the church earlier this year called 'How Good is Good Enough?". It is a really good synopsis of why Christianity is different than other religions and why the standard thinking of "good people go to heaven" can't hold water.
Anyway, kind of interesting that in a month and a half, I have gone thru 7 books...when I didn't set any goals for books this year...versus the past where it seems I have been slower to get thru things, even with a goal to get thru so many books in a year.

No comments:

Search This Blog