Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Transformation

Every year amidst the normal cycle of New Year's goals and plans that we all tend to make for ourselves, I have noticed that alot of the same things come up year after year...
Improve my physical conditioning
Improve my spiritual maturity
Improve my parenting
Improve my mind
Become a better husband, worker, and on and on it goes.  

It always comes back to becoming a better version of me...the me I wish I was but am not yet.

There is some serious mental gymnastics that you could go through that are part of the human condition within this cycle and part of me wants to throw my hands up at it...to even mock myself for participating in it.  I know that there is not something inherently different about this year than last year that will make these changes last.  But...despite that, there is something awesome and amazing and liberating about the cycle of time that God has created that enable these pauses...these resets...these arbitrary new beginnings that we can choose to take advantage of if we want to.

And with that, I choose to and I will do my best that change habits and patterns that will enable the better me to become a reality rather than an unfulfilled wish.

I guess by writing this down, hopefully I will hold myself more accountable to completing it...but one of the ways I choose to do this is by completing a workout program starting today that will complete at the beginning of April.  It will be tons of work...and if I put that work in, I know that I will be in a better place...so, pray that I can stick to it and not only do it for me, but as a good example to my children.

No comments:

Search This Blog