Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Upside Down - Summary

I will be posting more quotes and thoughts from the book...but now that I added it to my GoodReads site, I figured I would post my quick summary...

Upside Down: The Paradox of Servant Leadership Upside Down: The Paradox of Servant Leadership by Stacy T. Rinehart


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Was Jesus's leadership style different than the structures we have come to know in the business and military world? Rinehart takes us through many examples of the dichotomy of servant leadership, as demonstrated by Jesus, and power leadership model that is the standard in the world today.

This book is based on what Stacy believes to be lessons learned from his time in leadership positions, those things he has gleaned from the Bible and Jesus's words and actions and the results within the various teams he has been a part of that have exhibited some of these leadership dynamics. There are many great quotes and lines in this book and Stacy does a great job not only attacking the distinctions between sevant and power leadership, but he speaks to what the ultimate results tend to be based upon using these structures. If you are in a ministry environment, this is certainly relevant, but even if you are not in ministry, there are a multitude of things to pick up that could be effective in the secular world if leveraged in the right way.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Search This Blog