Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

1 Down, 35 to go

God's Covenant of Blessing God's Covenant of Blessing by John P. Milton


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
This book was difficult to read and to get through. It reads like a PHD dissertation. Not that it doesn't have some very interesting points to make and quotes to remember. This book proves how deep you can get into God's word as the author takes us with great detail into the covenant given to Abraham and then makes a case for how that one covenant is the same covenant throughout the Old and New Testaments with its ultimate fulfillment in Jesus. I liked reading it for these moments where you can capture where the author was going in showing that the New and Old testaments tie together in a coherent and cogent story. I did not like some of the agonizing details and how in depth he does dive to support his premise of one covenant. It was just a bit dry for me.

That behind me, what I would say is that you will need time and much attention to get the jewels that are in this book...they are there, but you have to work to get them.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Search This Blog