Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Glace...?????

Wanna hear something funny?

I was the speaker to my men's breakfast group this morning and as I got up to speak, I started by commenting on how cold it was outside. Everyone had been chatting about what their temperature gage read as the drove in. Well, I thought mine was pretty interesting...because not only had I gotten the temperature, but it had given me a comment too...you see, our car will flash ICE when the temperature drops below the freezing point, thereby warning you that you could see slippery conditions. Well, when I looked this morning it showed me -18 degrees and flashed GLACE. I looked at that several times on my way in thinking it was a dashboard error or something...but it being 6am, I had one other thought...the car was telling me that we went past the ice stage straight to glacier type conditions!
So, I decided to tell the men that, but they all looked at me like I had told a bad joke...which I guess it sounds like a bad joke...and knowing how bad my timing is for jokes...I can see how it came across that way...And, of course, I didn't fully explain what I saw on the dashboard...just made the leap to glacier cause it kinda fit.
Well, upon coming home to the family I am telling my wife about the readout and she just doubles over in laughter...why? Because she had accidentally changed the readout to French in the car and ICE in French is Glace...no glacier readout for me, just the standard ice warning. So not only did I make an unintentional bad joke to my men's group, but I got to be laughed at by my wife...now that is funny.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That did make me laugh.

Search This Blog