Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

9 Down, 27 to go

Yikes...I definately feel like I am behind towards hitting my goal for the year....BUT, I am starting to make progress again :)


The Case for Christ The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is the second time I read the book...this time as part of a small group with others and reviewing the DVD material that Lee Strobel has created. I think the book is much better than the DVD material or the study guides that go with it...but I suppose that depends on who you are, and what you are trying to accomplish with the discussion.



As far as the book, it speaks to some things well and certainly gives a believer, or someone who is inclined to believe, more ammunition to help them get over any objections they may have. Strobel is a Christian and certainly tells the story from that position and the fact that he absolutely believes that everyone will draw the same conclusions that he does by reading through the interviews he has with experts.

What the book lacks is any serious review of alternative viewpoints that anyone who really wants to challenge Christianity will make. If you are reading this book for a unbiased review of evidence, then you will not get it...you will get a logically laid out review of much information that all points to Christianity as truth.

I find it an easy and quick read and that it highlights many things in the Christian faith that form the backbone, the reason that people can believe in Christ, so that it is digestible.




View all my reviews.

No comments:

Search This Blog