Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

13 Down, 23 to go

The Resurrection Factor by Josh McDowell


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The was a book very similar to the more contemporary "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel. McDowell looks at the historical evidence aruond the resurrection and makes a case for why it is the most coherent and rational set of events based on the eye witness testimony, the circumstantial evidence and even his own life changes 2000 years after the event. While it seemed that a couple of his points were repetitive in the book, overall he makes a clear case for why a Christian can truly believe that the tomb was empty on that first Easter and why the Christian religion started off so strongly in Jerusalem amidst such a difficult environment. Worth the read and I also enjoyed some of the backup material that he included in the version tht I read...so look for the version with the supplemental information in the back.

View all my reviews >>

Check back tomorrow and I will post the paper I wrote for my class that is more detailed in my thoughts around the book than this brief review.

No comments:

Search This Blog