Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Part 4

About a week before I gave my talk...and as I was putting together my thoughts, I ended up watching Paycheck with Ben Affleck...you can see the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIoJHlIxmZM

Ultimately, the movie is about the main character figuring out why he gave away $90M for 20 worthless looking items in an envelope. He gave up 3 years of his life and he is angry and frustrated...until he has this "Aha!" moment. He realizes that he has seen his own future and that he needs to trust the plan that he has laid out for himself with these items in order to get where he is supposed to go. Does this sound familiar?

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Those tough spots he was in...these decisions that needed to be made....are very similar to the decisions we have to make too.
When we acknowledge that God already knows our future…that He has plans for us, plans to give us hope and a future then obedience not only makes sense but in fact looks foolish if we do not.

No comments:

Search This Blog