Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

See at last (LASIK!)


Don't let this picture spook you....but yes,  I am looking right at you :)

See at last, see at last, Thank God almighty, I can see at last!

As I am posting this on MLK day, I figured a quick shout out reference would be appropriate :)

I am a full two weeks distant from my previous world of wearing contact everyday to see.  That world was left behind, at least for the foreseeable future in light of a world of 20/20 vision simply by opening my eyes.  On December 29th for my right eye, and on January 2nd for my left eye, I underwent the LASIK procedure to correct my nearsightedness and the slight astigmatism that plagued me since I was young.

I know that I couldn't really say this was a wise financial move because of the cost, there is definitely no ROI in it.  It is a nice life improvement which I am enjoying though.  If it had not been for the money we had set aside for Kristen's shoulder that was in a use it or lose it Flexible Spending Account for 2011, I would not have done it.  Now that it is done, there is no looking back (pun intended).

Thanks to my family who had to deal with some painful logistics issues over those few days.


No comments:

Search This Blog