Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tin Tin

image from:  http://www.letintinmovie.com/
Took the boys to see this movie yesterday.  And a couple of things jumped out at me:

$50 to get me and 3 boys to a movie is ridiculous.  The boys are always going to be months behind the times if this is the case.  Ouch.

For a movie that is obviously directed towards families...especially kids, some of the content was rather adult oriented:

  1. The secondary character spends a large majority of the movie drunk.  WOW.  Couldn't they come up with some other reason for his memory loss?  I have never read any of the Tin Tin books...so I assume they are trying to stay true to the story.  Bu since when does that EVER really happen in movies?  I really wish that they had Not made him drink and drink throughout the movie the way that they did.  Pretty soon you have kids stumbling around pretending they are drunk and thinking they are a jovial and lovable character too.
  2. A surprising amount of death.  From battle scenes, to drowning and so on...there were a ton of deaths on screen.  While I can not say I remember seeing something particularly gory...though one scene I would say was a little too violent...there were still a large number of deaths that made everything seem casual about it...just retelling a story...
I suppose I am becoming an old curmudgeon...but even Jaden commented on how many deaths there were on screen...and it is one of those things that you have no way to know how it is impacting their little minds.

Jesus said, "The eye is the light of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. . . ." (Matt. 6:22-23)

No comments:

Search This Blog