Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A week of frustration



To say that this week was frustrating would be putting it mildly.  I am running the line of complaining / documenting for posterity, but, to put it frankly, it sucked.  If it was an isolated occurrence, it would be one thing...but this seems to be a pattern.  And, as much as my frustration is with work itself, it is with me also, because I have let it get here.  I have not called out the excessive nature of the hours I am working....assuming that people will recognize and correct it.  I have assumed that it would be appreciated more so than the simple "atta boy" and heightening of the bar for the future.  And to be perfectly honest, it is a complete lack of recognition on my part that I have been going this way for YEARS.

Well, while the fear in me cries out and the hackles raise because I am raising the issue rather than just knuckling under and persevering...I have brought it up with people and it will be interesting to see how that shakes things up at work over the next few weeks.  I hope that it is only positive...but, not sure that it will be.  I am praying that God will guide my words, actions and decisions over the next several months as this comes to a head.

No comments:

Search This Blog