Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Devotionals with the boys

I was watching YouTube clips...which I think is just kind of interesting all by itself...but, one of the things that a pastor talked about was that his daughter was 10 months old and he said "she wins....I get home for dinner....that is a year that if I wasn't there...I don't get it back, she wins....I can find another church, I can't find another wife or daughter." This was quoted paraphrase, but anyway, do my kids "WIN"? I hope so. I know that I have, at times, been a workaholic...driven to success...and I say I want it, for my kids...I certainly want to provide, but, is that just an excuse? I have to be honest and say that it is not always...for my kids...they want me to play...Kristen wants me to go on walks...I am not always thinking about them. Now, I have to do the work, keep my job and give to Caesar what is Caesar's...but, what about the rest? I don't want to look back on Jaden, Jacob and Jude's childhood and say...I can't get that back. I wish I would have....
I don't want to look back on my marriage and say, "I wish I would have...."
And to that end, it has been really neat to spend time with the boys in devotionals over the last week. Kristen and I bought the boys their own devotionals that we are doing with them at night on our date night. The boys have done incredibly well! They are attentive and insightful and it really is enjoyable to spend those precious minutes with them in study and in prayer.
I know that I will hold on to these times and hopefully, I will remember that I don't get these times back and therefore allot my time and energy appropriately.

No comments:

Search This Blog