Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Inertia

Was thinking about inertia today as I looked at my goals for the year and the small progress that I have made thus far. Inertia is almost always regarded as a negative thing. And that is generally because we are talking about those things that are not yet started...
I looked up inertia on dictionary.com and cut this out:
inertia is..."the property of matter by which it retains its state of rest or its velocity along a straight line so long as it is not acted upon by an external force."
I know it is hard to be that external force pushing up against something to get it started. I have started my P90X routine and had some set-backs...
I have read a few books..but I am a little behind pace to hit my goal.
Kristen and I have gone out a couple times, but missed an event due to sickness...
I have made it to almost all of my Bethel classes and we are only a short bit away from completing the Old Testament...

I guess what I am thinking about is that I want to look at inertia as a positive and only a positive. I want to get past my laziness that I have at times and put in the energy and effort so that these things have velocity and it won't take me acting upon them with so much effort to have them go...they just will...I just will.

So, here's to all of you having some positive inertia in your lives right now.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I think we all need some of that! Go, Jason, go.

Search This Blog