Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lost again

One of the interesting things about living in Mass is that the roads are not on a grid...they meander, change names, etc...it is very confusing. Now, Kristen and I are not particularly good with directions anyway, so out here...forget about it. We are lost constantly...even sometimes with a GPS system.
Today was no different...though I brought a new friend along for the ride. Trying to pick up pizza and we ended up in the wrong town and ended up taking a lot longer than we should have to get to the pizza joint after calling and getting more information from the manager. I certainly provided him a good time as he got to appreciate my driving skills and directional sensibilities first hand...
But it did get me thinking...I was lost today because everything worked exactly as it was supposed to...I just had the wrong information. The wrong town was listed on the address...so, the GPS worked, I followed it...but I ended up in the wrong location. You have to have the right information, the right rules to follow, the truth...otherwise, you may think you are doing the right thing and still end up in a bad place.

No comments:

Search This Blog