Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jaden, the Paul Bunyan of our family

Jaden had an interesting week of school this week. Each day was a theme and we rushed around each day to try to fulfill his ability to participate in the theme...
Thursday was Fairy Tale day. As we scrambled to figure out something other than a standard "prince", we thought that he could be Paul Bunyan...
Kristen will post the pictures, but...boy did we have fun trying to get that done real quickly that morning :)
I think it turned out well, but the ax was an interesting challenge...I did not really think about the whole "weapons in school" angle and went about using a bat as the handle of the ax. Kristen quickly discouraged that idea... :)
well, I was able to change it over to a construction paper handle and I really think that it did turn out well.
I think God gave me Kristen specifically for us to balance each other out that way...I was able to make the ax, she was able to keep me in line, and meanwhile, she made Jaden into one awesome looking lumberjack :)

No comments:

Search This Blog