Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bring the Rain

I am a huge MercyMe fan. I was doing my bible study and had one of their CD's playing quietly in the background. One of the songs I love just made me stop and pull out the lyrics and I thought I would share them:

Bring me joy
Bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings you glory

And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise you
Jesus bring the rain

What an awesome thought. I know that my life is pretty comfortable most of the time. I have made some good decisions and been blessed with good opportunities, so to invite in difficulties into my life? To joyfully say to God...hey, if that is what needs to happen for you to get the glory, for your will to be done, for me to ultimately have the best, closest walk with you that I can have....bring the rain. That's a huge statement to make. Are you really prepared for that to happen? Wouldn't it be scary if God took you up on it? But how awesome it would be to persevere and then have that closeness to God.

If that's what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Be careful what you wish for! : )

Search This Blog