Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Vegas memory

Went to club L.A.X. and a few things became obvious.
1. Apparently there is alcohol that is worth $19,000 a bottle. I am pretty sure that 2 bottles of it were bought last night by one person. I know that is all about the status of being able to buy it..but wow. You would think with so many better things that could be done with their money...
2. It is incredible to watch first hand how people react to a celebrity. It really is an interesting symbiotic thing. The celeb NEEDS the fawning of entire crowds of people..and entire crowds are willing to give it. I mean really, it may be neat to see Floyd Mayweather in person, but did it change anything? I've seen him on tv a number of times. It was pretty much the same thing. Based on hundreds of people's reaction and subsequent actions though, you would think the resounding answer was yes!
3. To Vegas...money is everything. You will literally get asked to get out of your seat if someone else will spend more money while sitting in it.
4. I would never go back to that club...even though I did see 2 "celebrities".
5. I would much rather have been at home all week.

No comments:

Search This Blog