Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Interesting conversation

I happened to be speaking with some acquaintances, Beth and Therrin, at Jaden's soccer practice / game awhile back and the conversation turned to school. Since Kristen was going back, they asked themselves..."What would you go back to school for?" After asking the question of themselves, they turned and asked me, to which I replied..."I would go to seminary."
"For theology, or to be a pastor?" They pressed...
"To be a pastor, I think..." I continued. To which Beth calmly inquired:
"So, God is calling you into his service and you are ignoring the call?"
I just stared at her. Her husband, Therrin, said "Honey, we don't know him well enough for you to say things like that!" :)
It was light-hearted, we all laughed a little and it both before and after we had great conversations, but it was also one of those moments where you end up wondering if that was truth being unmasked for a moment. We even joked about the fact that you never know when God is using someone to speak into your life. The fact that it hasn't left me over the last two weeks further presses on that point.
I don't know what that means for me at this point, as I don't really feel that I am supposed to be making a life change at the moment, but, I do think that I have to keep my eyes open to see if God is opening up my life to other possibilities. Who knows what 1 year, 3 years or 5 years from now may look like?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can only ignore God for so long! : )

Search This Blog