Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

Life Goals

I have decided that it is necessary and important to do a life's goal list and put it out here. I don't know how long it will take to post them...don't know what they will all be. Some will be personal, some physical, some travel related, etc. I definitely feel sometimes like too much of life is happening to me, rather than me going out and doing life. There will always be times we have to do our daily routine and get things done...but to what end? The goal of life is not to arrive safely at death. It may be hard to accomplish things with the 3 little ones, but will it be any easier as they get older and need to be taken around to do more things? I don't think so. Better to get some goals out there...and really start applying myself to them. Stay tuned. I will post a link or the start of the list or something out here and then start coming back to it on a regular basis.

Do you have life goals? Are the mutual goals with your spouse, or are they yours alone? How are you doing on them?

There is a guy by the name of Ted Leonsis who came up with 101 goals that was prompted by a near death experience. He has lived his life according to accomplishing these goals and he has done 74 of the 101...and some of them are not small goals! Here is his site...
http://www.tedstake.com/?p=8

It may take me awhile to come up with a list of 100 things, but just actually having a list that you are committed to is a great idea and something to come back to regularly.

2 comments:

Brian said...

I think putting your goals out there is a great idea. It is definitely easy to let time get away from you without accomplishing what you desire.

Unknown said...

Brian and I sit down at the beginning of each year and make family goals:financial, spiritual, personal, etc. and then we do the same with Jasmine. It is good to be able to look back to see what we have accomplished. Also it gives us things to strive for as a team.

Search This Blog