Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Messenger

The Messenger The Messenger by Joseph Girzone


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
A somewhat repetitive, dry read that is touted as a parable. Girzone, who was a priest himself, wrote a story of a priest who is trying to share the truth of Jesus Christ. However, as he writes through the conflicts, discussions, and lectures that Francis, the main character is involved with, he is trying to present the grace and humility of Christ's forgiveness. The story line itself is slow and has little to it, and it falls flat for me at the end when his work is done.

I suppose that a parable is supposed to be a quick and easy read and has to be simple to make it's point and I think Grizone accomplished the quick, easy, and simple points...maybe just a little too well.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Search This Blog