Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

Broken System

Just had to post about this...just got off the phone with my sister who had a visit with my mom. It is amazing to me how broken our judicial system is at times. The lack of information, communication and personalization is beyond comprehension. I know that the point of the legal system is to deal with black and white at the lowest denominator. It has to be this way. But, how does that cause such inefficiencies and ineptitude such that she has been in jail for 3 and 1/2 weeks without even getting in front of a judge? For misdemeanors? I get keeping someone locked up for a month or more for something big...and maybe we don't know everything...but that once again would point to the lack of communication and clarity. ARGHH. Just had to put out my frustration...I pray that God will just work on my mom during this time and make her situation improved once she finally does see a judge and is able to get out.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have felt this frustration at times as well. I am so disappointed in the system that I don't even know what needs to be done to start fixing it at this point.

I hope everything works out for your mom. Is she still in Montana? That's what I last heard, but that was a long time ago.

Search This Blog