Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Nearly finished with New Testament

My men's group took on a project of having as many of us as were interested to read through the New Testament in 90 days and finish by Labor Day.  I am basically down to the book of Revelation.  It has been good to do it and many of the other men have done so as well.  We kept track of each other by putting all of our progress online for each other to review.  Accountability definately seemed to help me and competition always makes me get engaged...even if it is friendly competition.  I am not sure that I will finish first, but, it wasn't really my goal...I didn't want to read it just to read it...but hopefully to help myself maintain a regular time in the word and even spend some time reflecting on it and the implications to my life.  I think I may just continue and move forward into the OT as well and see if I can not get through the OT similarly so that I can start reading through the Bible every year.  I think that is a goal that I am going to set for myself now and make sure I follow through on it.

No comments:

Search This Blog