Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Looking back

I was looking back at my first Bible.  I had gotten it from my Dad back in the mid 80's.  It was neat to look at it for 2 reasons. 
1.  Look at the attached page that was written on the inside.  I remember this day pretty well, but I never would have known when it actually happened if not for this being written in there....

2. The second thing that I found in the Bible was what seemed to be the only underlined passage in the whole book....
Proverbs 23...
4 Do not wear yourself out to get rich;
have the wisdom to show restraint.


5 Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,
for they will surely sprout wings
and fly off to the sky like an eagle.


I think it is interesting that the only passage that I had underlined in the entire Bible was about money and not to make it a singular focus.  Umpteen years ago I underlined this passage and left it at that as my focus in life was not the Bible or its application to my life...so, the last umpteen years I have spent an awful lot of time and energy..."wearing myself out" trying to make money and put me and my family in a secure place in life.  I hope I am starting to get a little better at applying the Bible and its truths to my life at this point.

No comments:

Search This Blog