Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Not to us, but to your name be the glory

We sung this song last Sunday at church, it is by Chris Tomlin and comes from from Psalm 115:1. Between that song, the Step into Africa exhibit and a small book from Max Lucado called Turn...I guess I am just really being struck by not only my priorities, but those around me, my country and so on. We have to remember what is truly supposed to be number one in life and subject all else to it.
When I am working, am I doing that for God's glory? Really?
When I get up to speak to other men, am I doing that for me or for them? Is it about something I learned and want to share my insights, or is about the fact that that insight could help one of them?
Am I putting things in the right priority to what I know is right, or I am being more selfish because of what I want or what is easier?
Always good to reassess and make sure that we are keeping ourselves on target not only with our actions, but that our motivations are in line as well.

No comments:

Search This Blog