Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Other note on Bethel...

One other part of the final was to share about our favorite study...I thought I would share that as well since I was able to type it up before class:

My favorite study was 'The Empty Tomb'. There is no other study to me that conveys the critical truths of Christianity as powerfully as this study does. Without an empty tomb, Christ would not be our Lord and King. Without an empty tomb, we would have no hope to be raised after our deaths. Without an empty tomb, death would still be in control! But there is an empty tomb, because Jesus did rise from the grave, he did show himself to MANY people so that witnesses could corroborate the story and He did ascend and promise the Holy Spirit to his disciples.

The Holy Spirit is the other amazing part of this study as that promise enables the church, our transformation here on earth and so much more. The Holy Spirit is responsible for the amazing things that occur in Acts, which is one of the most amazing parts of the Bible to me and something that is so relevant to those of us that wish to see the Great Commission fulfilled.


Beyond these two parts, there were 6 other essays to write that night...but I won't post any of those...Unless I get asked to :)

No comments:

Search This Blog