Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Tracing our adventure -10 (Final)

If you have stuck around for all 10...kudos to you!  And, of course, thank you.  It is an investment of time on your part to keep up with us and all that has been going on in our lives over the last few months.

To wrap this up, I wanted to write about that position that the church had offered me.  If you remember, the description they sent included a time frame...a minimum of 2 years.  Now, with Kristen's decision made for school, I could re-look at the position through the lens of being here for, yes...at least two years due to Kristen's school.
That was an amazing coincidence, don't you think?

Not wanting to simply say yes because of the time frames matching up, Kristen and I continued to pray about it. Kristen was worried about both of us having the bandwidth to support all of this, and while I understood that, I was feeling drawn to saying yes.  I was really excited about the position and I started to pull books out and started reading about men's ministries from other churches and ministry leaders.  I wanted to be ready to go.

Kristen later came back to me with her thinking just as the church, after being very patient with us, was looking to close on an answer, and said that she had read a devotion that helped her see that God would provide the bandwidth if we were doing what He called us to do.  If He can make a couple fish and loaves of bread feed 5000 men, He could help us and our concerns over time to get everything done.

I was in agreement with her and so, I called up and accepted the position with the church and I am now working with them on how it will be announced to the church and how we transition me into the position and start working with the men's ministry team.

I am very excited and a little anxious...but I truly think that God's hand has been in this all the way and I look forward to seeing what He will accomplish through this.

So, you have followed us on our trip from late winter to early summer and the ups, downs, and round and rounds that we have had.  I know that if you talked to us during that time, you probably wondered about it all and even what you did know about...well, this may help put it into better context since we may have seemed a bit crazy at times.

Until the next adventure then....

1 comment:

Brian said...

I just wanted to let you know that your posts are appreciated. I enjoy your thoughts and pictures and just the opportunity to see what you're thinking about. Keep it up!! Love you, Dad

Search This Blog