Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tracing our adventure - 7

To continue the story...

As we waited to hear about Kristen's school, I got a call from one of the pastors at our church.  The church did not have a person leading the men's ministry over the last year after the previous person had vacated the position.  As they had prayed and discussed finding someone, my name came up as a person they thought would be a good fit.  He asked if I would be interested and my immediate response was yes.

We agreed to meet to discuss and meanwhile he sent me a description of the position that the church had written up.  The first thing that jumped out at me was that the church was looking for someone to commit to 2 years in the position.  I wasn't sure that this was something I could do considering we were in the throes of figuring out if we were moving or not...but, since we were undecided and waiting, I also didn't want to close the door on it.

I went to breakfast with him and while discussing the position, I also laid out where we were and my desire to not accept something and then leave them in a pinch.  Also, I knew I didn't want to take it on, assuming I did, before Bethel ended.  So, we agreed to wait, pray and come back together after Bethel ended.  In the interim, I would also drop in and speak to our senior pastor about it as well.

No comments:

Search This Blog