Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Innocent fun

I am truly scared for society in general and specifically for my children. Too many things come up in the media about activities that are now considered acceptable that just are not. 'Hooking up', drugs, and many other things...are brushed off as 'innocent fun' or 'kids being kids'. I feel that we pay too little attention to these activities and thereby promote that view.
'A child can strike a match in complete innocence, but a flame still results.'
I may seem strict with my children at times, but when they grow up, I hope they will recognize how much we loved them by not being passe about all these things that society considers innocent fun.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I agree with you. There was obviously a precipitating incident, I would be interested in hearing more about what happened.

Search This Blog