Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

The Martyr's Song



Well, I have to say thank you again to Emily and Linda for turning me on to Ted Dekker's writing. I picked this book up on Sunday from the church library and consumed it in one evening (last night). It was a short book, but powerful message. It is so powerful to me when reading about the passion that people have for their faith. Not giving away too much to say that someone dies in the book, since it is called 'The Martyr's Song'...but to have the fortitude, faith and a perspective on this life that enables anyone to give up their life for ther faith is just awe inspiring. Whether it was the disciples, missionaries or whomever, what an example to have been set by living and ultimately dying for their love of Jesus. I aspire to have that kind of faith.

Search This Blog