Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Proverbs 29:20

"Do you see a man who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for him."
Why does this one jump out at me...well, I know that I have a problem of speaking too quickly at times. The bible references many instances where our words can do damage:

Psalm 57:4
I am in the midst of lions; I lie among ravenous beasts— men whose teeth are spears and arrows, whose tongues are sharp swords.
Psalm 64:3
They sharpen their tongues like swords and aim their words like deadly arrows.
Proverbs 12:18
Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

If the bible is calling out this much of a warning about what our words can do to others, why do I constantly struggle to not speak to quickly? I will continue to work at not using my words to put others down or to create laughter at their expense...to show God's character in that aspect of my personality so that ultimately He will be glorified.

No comments:

Search This Blog