Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Latest Book


I just finished up this book yesterday and it was a really good read. Mark Batterson is the senior pastor at a church in DC. I go online and check out his sermons every once in a while because I really enjoy the passion he has and the way he communicates. Since I was enjoying his sermons, I thought I would read his book. You can read my review by clicking the link below in my "Books I have read recently" list below...but in short it was pretty awesome.
Maybe I am just in the right place to read something that made me get a little "jazzed" up for God and life in general, but I guess I would hope that anybody with breath to draw would ultimately be in a place where they are ready to get "jazzed".
If Mark can find a small passage like 2 Samuel 23:20 and make a book out of it...imagine how much the whole Bible really has to offer?
2 Samuel 23:20 (NIV)
20 Benaiah son of Jehoiada was a valiant fighter from Kabzeel, who performed great exploits. He struck down two of Moab's best men. He also went down into a pit on a snowy day and killed a lion.

No comments:

Search This Blog