Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Reaching for the Invisible God

'"I have many successful relationships with other people. I can see them, touch them, hear them. But when I try to relate to an invisible God, nothing happens. I never have that sense that God is even there" I do not discount such an objection, because at times in my life I have wondered the same thing. Even now, my relationship with God rests or falls on faith...'
He then goes on to draw the analogy of our relationship to God as that of man to a dog, also saying that it is kind to humans in comparison.

While I understand the reason he says that...after all an infinite and all-powerful God versus us, tells us that it is a somewhat kind analogy, however, isn't it awfully detrimental as well to us since He says we are made in His image?

Anyway, based on these comments, does it make you think that a close, personal relationship with God is possible in the same way as with a person?
Since He is invisible and doesn't relate to us in the same way...?

I certainly know that a relationship with God is different...it is with God and even if he was right in front of me physically, it would be different. However, it does raise interesting questions on how we engage with God and how we know that we are knowing God better, getting closer to Him and so forth...

How do you gauge your relationship with God?

No comments:

Search This Blog